Jay Miranda @ jaymiranda.com - OOTD

Home for the Holidays
plus size cardigan
With the holidays around the corner, I’m sharing the first in a series of holiday inspired outfits. This cozy cardigan look is perfect for casual family gatherings, shopping around town, or grabbing a peppermint mocha with your sweetheart. Printed cardigans take the guesswork out of outfit planning, which makes them a fall/winter essential. I found this beautiful grey and white one from bar III at Macy’s and it works with jeans, leggings, and joggers.
plus size sweater: cardigan
mercado global tote
I wore this outfit with my woven tote from Mercado Global. They don’t only make gorgeous, exquisitely handcrafted bags, this brand has heart. Mercado Global employs rural indigenous women artisans in Guatemala and helps strengthen local communities through education and empowerment. I feel connected to their mission because my mom’s family is from Guatemala and both the country and its people are beautiful. Weaving is part of the culture and history, which makes these bags timeless. If you’re in the market for a unique and beautiful gift—for yourself or someone you love—you have to check out their fall collection.
plu size jeans and cardigan
This cardigan isn’t plus-size, but it’s definitely plus-size friendly and runs through size XXL. I’m wearing it in a size XL and it has a generous sweep. I’m obsessed with mine and this label makes so many cute ones! I’m sharing my favorites below. Click on any image for direct links!
 
The Evening Suit
plus size suit
plus size linger
plus size pants and jacket
Pants: Sejour, Jacket: ASOS, Top: Torrid, Heels: Louboutin, Bag: Rachael Ruddick
 
 
 
Kiss Me Crop Top
Of the spring fashion trends for this year, I think the sporty trend is most intriguing. Relaxed silhouettes, sweats + heels, and boxy crops tops have a ’90s girl vibe that I love. I had to give it a feminine touch that is more my style: this kiss print top was the perfect way to do it.
Kiss Print Outfit Kiss Print OutfitKiss Print Outfit
 Top: H&M, Pants: Torrid, Jacket: Evans, Heels: Louboutin, Cuff: Vince Camuto
 
Mon Petit Chéri
Spring Fashion: Purple High Low Skirt
Spring Fashion: Purple High Low Skirt
Spring Fashion: Purple High Low Skirt
This outfit feels like the sartorial equivalent of blowing a kiss, so mwah to all my readers! This year, it seems no fashion girl’s closet is complete without a full skirt that hits below the knee. I fell in love with this skirt because the back dips down to the calf, making it it flow gorgeously. Isn’t this light purple perfect? Added my new favorite sunglasses and a coquettish red lip.
I’d say this is a great third-date-outfit, you know, the one that seals the deal. I wore it to go out with my husband and remind him (and myself) that beneath my mom exterior, I’m still a bombshell. xx
Dress: Eshakti, Blazer: Evans, Shoes: Nine West, Cuff: Unearthed Etsy
 
 Spring Pastel Trend
Moda: colores pasteles
Fashion Trends Spring 2014
Recently, River Island contacted me to see what I thought of their spring lineup. If you’re a longtime reader of my blog, you know I’ve featured them before. I feel inspired by the spring trends for 2014, especially pastels. The sweet hues at River Island remind me of carefree strolling, sunny days, and two-hour lunches. I think something about pastels make you look like a woman in love.
As you become older and busier, you don’t always have time for a romantic afternoon with your other half. But that doesn’t mean I can’t have a beautiful day out with someone I absolutely love:
Stokke stroller
p.s. If you are looking for plus-size clothing as a size 14-16, River Island can be a great place to shop because their UK18 fits well, especially if there’s a little stretch. In terms of fashion-forward pieces, I think they beat ASOS too, which is saying something! If you are new to the brand, they are worth checking out.
Jacket + Earrings: c/o River Island, Pants: D. Perkins, Shoes: Donald J. Pliner, Bag: Kate Spade
 
How to Wear Mixed Prints
Outfit Idea: How to Wear Mixed Prints and PatternsOutfit Idea: How to Wear Mixed Prints and Patterns
Outfit Idea: How to Wear Mixed Prints and Patterns
In the pictures I’m wearing some pieces from the Evans x Clements Ribeiro collaboration. Their prints were gorgeous, though much is sold out. I personally think Evans is underrated—I’ve found some amazing things there over the years.
 
 The Art of Draping
First of all, I’m so honored to have been recently featured on some amazing sites! Grazia France listed me in a feature about the top plus size blogs. Chic.com, a Brazilian fashion site, profiled me along with other fabulous bloggers. Finally, an awesome feature and fashion resource was posted on Refinery29 and Jezebel. Thank you so much! Hello to any people visiting from these sites!
I fell in love with this dress when I saw these gorgeous folds of fabric. Draping is definitely an art and until now it was missing from my closet. The dress has a bit of drama but is simple in concept. It’s so soft and comfortable, which is important to me since it’s hard to look great if you don’t feel great in what you’re wearing. I love the exposed back and the fact that my leg peeks out when I walk.
You can find it at ASOS. It’s only available up to size UK14 but the shape and jersey knit make it flexible. I guess this is another example of how the numbers on a tag aren’t that important. Tell me what you think and whether I should wear it with or without the belt! Thanks for reading!
Dress and Belt: Aqua Couture, Bag: Simply Be, Heels: Louboutin
 
 
 
 
 
It’s been a month since I had my baby and life has changed so much! Lately our days (and nights) have been all about baby. I had the chance to go out with my husband yesterday evening so I dressed up in this bodycon skirt and contrast blouse. I wanted something pretty and feminine and something that was definitely not maternity wear.
I’m so excited for Fall weather, Fall fashion, and the fact that I no longer have to accommodate a baby bump in my clothes. Here’s to more outfit blogging. xx
Top: F21, Skirt: here, Necklace: here
 
Candy Stripes & Peplum Top
plus size peplum



I’m a busy mom and sometimes I look back incredulously on the days when I had hours to primp and prep for a midweek dinner out. You don’t appreciate having so much time to yourself until it’s gone. Like most moms, I spend much of my day doing things for other people. It’s ok though—I love those people!
But some days, I just want to feel like myself. If you’re a new parent you might miss going for a walk, grabbing a drink with friends, watching a movie by yourself, or window shopping online. One thing I miss is dressing up for dinner in the city. Don’t get me wrong, grabbing takeout sushi and eating it at home in pajamas can be wonderful. But sometimes, a mom just needs to dress up and get out.
You need time that is ONLY yours. I know it’s hard, but you deserve it. It can also help you feel refreshed and ready to take on the next week! 
 
 
Silk Leopard 
Leopard Outfit Idea
plus size blog, plus size pants, plus size blazer, suede heels, jay miranda, leopard print plus size, plus size outfit
 
My Thighs Kiss
DSC_0136
DSC_0083
plus-size-summer-fashion
 
 
 
Cute Flats and Soft Layers
Casual pretty outfit with flats
Sometimes a dream outfit is years in the making. A long time ago I fell in love with a Miu Miu sweater that had a flutter panel. I’ve been looking for a replacement ever since and finally found this pretty flutter sweater. In a similar vein, I have been looking for the perfect harem pant forever. I went for an all over slouchy look by combining both. Fall is the perfect time for suede shoes, and I fell in love with these rose suede flats.
Sweater Top: Maison, Harem Pant: Torrid, Shoes: Franco Sarto @ Nordstrom, Bag: LV, Necklace: Kendra Scott @ Neiman Marcus, Bow Bracelet: F21, NARS lip pencil in “Damned”





This was my outfit for a party last night. After I saw how gorgeous this dress looked on xtina, I had to have it. I love the stripes against these snakeskin Helmut Lang heels. I think so. cal sunsets are beautiful, and you can see a bit of one in the honeyed look of these photos taken outside. xoxo



Dress: ASOS, Jacket: Beth Ditto/Evans, Shoes: Helmut Lang, Necklacke: Antrho, Bag: Chanel
 
 
What to Wear to a Business Meeting
What to Wear to a Business Meeting
What to Wear to a Business Meeting
What to Wear to a Business Meeting
Sometimes I need a dress that says “let’s sit across the table and strike a deal that will make us both richer.” This is one such dress. I used to think only suits meant business. Do you think a dress can be even more powerful than a suit? Tell me what you think.
SHOP THIS LOOK
 
 
Peplum Dress
Plus size peplum dress
plus size sweater dress phillip lim target
Dress: Target/Philip Lim, Shows: Miu Miu
You might think you have to look a certain way in order to wear a trend “perfectly.” But Beyonce has proclaimed that perfection is so ehhh. The rules exist in your mind but you can always change your mind. Go forth and wear anything you like. Wishing you a lovely holiday!
 
Melissa Masse Plus Size Designer Dress
The day made me realize I’m used to shopping in the “plus size section.” Be it on a website or in a store, it’s usually off in one corner, right? But at Melissa Masse I found the same dress in sizes XS-3X on the same rack. So simple, but so wonderful. This is what shopping should be.
I think your closet reflects where you are in your life. As I draw closer to the end of my 20s, I feel like a distilled version of myself. I know who I am and what I want more than ever.
I want beautiful, well made clothing. I don’t need much, a few cherished garments will do.
When I was at the shop I heard a woman talk about finding “her dress.” Not “a dress.” Not “a good enough dress.” Her dress. I want to find my dresses. I know they are out there. A bunch are at Melissa Masse right now.
Dress: c/o Melissa Masse, Coat: Catherine Malandrino, Tights: Sonsee, Suede Pumps: Donald J. Pliner, Necklace: Kendra Scott, Bag: LV
 
 
Bold Print And A Bold Lip
Plus size zebra print dress
Dress: Jean Marc Philippe (got it after seeing lovely Stephanie Zwicky wear it), Tiger print heels: Manolo Blahnik, Snakeskin print clutch: Simply Be, Necklace: F21, Sunglasses: ASOS
 
 
Black Crop Top
plus size crop top
beth ditto jacket
Anthropologie beaded clutch
Lane Bryant pants
lane bryant pants
  • Jacket: Beth Ditto (similar here, here)
  • Pants: Lane Bryant, (similar here)
  • Heels: Miu Miu
  • Clutch Bag: here
  • As a new mom I feel there’s no gift more precious than time. My sister offered to watch Julia while my husband and I went out for the afternoon—thanks Jen! I wanted to wear something I would have worn on a pre-baby date. Decided these carrot pants and short biker jacket. Softened it with these pretty Miu Miu wedges and my new jeweled clutch. xx
     
     
    high low top asos
     
     
    image
     
    image
     
     
    image
    I kept seeing this top sell out, so wondering what the fuss was about, finally bought one and I totally get it now. It wears like pajamas but looks so pretty and flows perfectly. I tucked one side into my jeans for a slightly different look. I got the petite version in burgundy which has shorter sleeves (here it is in blush pink!), but it’s so oversized that I think sizing is super flexible. It’s also available in plus size
     
     
     
    Winter Blush



    I put this outfit together to do my remaining Christmas shopping. I love layering sheer blouses under knits. This blouse is perfect because it’s cut just low enough for the lace of my bralette to peek out. My attempt at that distinctly Dolce and Gabbana neckline that walks the line between sexy and sweet. Happy holidays! xo
    Blouse: Evans, Bralette: Agent Provocateur, Sweater: Trina Turk, Jeans: City Chic, Boots: Duo, Necklace: Anthropologie, Bag: LV Epi Speedy, Sunglasses: Prada




    Here’s an outfit from this weekend. I paired these inky blue corduroy pants with this cashmere top. For some extra tszuj I added this unique vest with purple silk bows. Love all the textures! Also, you can see a better picture of my lighter hair color.
    Top: Agent Provocateur, Pants: GAP, Vest: Meghan Los Angeles, Heels: Dries Van Noten
    Mini post! Here’s what I wore for a night out and dinner at a great Indian restaurant. Wore my favorite tux blazer and suede boots, keeping the rest simple.
    On my lips I’m wearing NARS Damned. I love this berry shade against my new hair color. I went from dark brown to warm brown + caramel highlights. 
     
     
     
    Raspberry Suede
    Dress: J.Crew
    Belt: Dorothy Perkins
    Boots: DUO Boots 
     
    Golden Sparkle
     
    Top: Talbots via Marshalls
    Jeans: Torrid
    Jacket: Trina Turk via Nordstrom
    Heels: Manolo Blahnik via Nordstrom
    Cuff: Unearthed Etsy
    Lipstick: MAC Red
    Nails: OPI San Tan-Tonio, OPI Louvre me Louvre me not
     

     

    This unique and stylish dress was very graciously sent to me by eShakti. It has stretchy panels that make some parts of the dress look more transparent than others, but the layer underneath ensures you have enough coverage throughout. The dress is well made and looks more expensive that it is. I got mine in a size 16 and I may bring the waist in a little but other than that, I think it’s perfect.
    For this first outfit, I wanted something a little dressed down. I put this chambray shirt on top of it after seeing a woman pair denim with an Herve Leger skirt. I love this outfit with these strappy shoes because they’re super comfortable but keep the outfit interesting and show off my purple pedi!
    Dress: Eshakti, Shirt: New Look, Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell, Cuff: Unearthed Etsy
    My friend Gabi of YFF pretty much started a trend of plus size women wearing short dresses with blazers. I had never tried the look until this weekend, but I can see why so many love it. It’s dressy, but also relaxed and comfortable, but still sexy. I wore a pair of booties because I thought the look needed a more substantial heel in order for the outfit to have some balance.
    Dress: Eshakti, Blazer: Evans, Shoes: Nine West, Cuff: Unearthed Etsy
     
     
    Sparkling Jewel Sweater