Dionne @ supersizemyfashion.com - OOTD




How To || Wear sequin pants pt I

 

When it comes to holiday fashion, the first word that pops up in my mind is "sequins". I absolutely love them and don't limit myself to the holidays only to flaunt them. However, a lot of people tend to shy away from all this glittery fabulousness. Or they would love to try, but don't know how to wear them in a way they are not looking like complete disco balls. Sequin dresses are something we're used to by now, but sequin pants? Not so much. I love them and this week I'm showing you three ways to wear them. Here is the first look!

This pair is from Zizzi. I had my eye on them since seeing them during the Fall preview in Denmark last February, and they've been on my mind ever since. The great thing about these (something your kids will love too! hehe) is that you can change the look from black to silver by rubbing them. Two pants in one, woohoo!




Pants - Zizzi (see their holiday edit here)||Top - New Look||Shoes - Zara||Necklace - Primark||Clutch - Romwe.com (old)

 
Rebellious 
 
 I was feeling all kinds of rebellious when I opted for shorts, bare legs and sandals in the Fall. And although it may look cool and daring (ahem), it was actually not that cold, ghehe. I guess I'm trying too hard to be one of the "cool kids". Either way, when I saw these shorts I knew I wanted to rock them at least once before the real cold hits.
Shirt - c/o Zizzi||PU shorts - c/o Zizzi||Coat - Asos Curve||Shoes - &OtherStories||Clutch - Ebay 

 
 
 
Plus Size Barbie
 
Top - Asos||Jeans - Asos Curve||Shoes - Topshop||Clutch - New Look


Concrete Jungle

Coat - c/o Zizzi||Shirt - Pimkie (old)||Jeans - Asos Curve||Shoes - Asos
 

 


Lumberjack

Blouse - c/o Zizzi||Bodysuit - New Look (old)||Jeans - Asos Curve (old)||Shoes - New Look
 
 


 
Shaggy
 

Coat - c/o Junarose||Jeans - New Look||Shoes - New Look||Earcuff - H&M
 
 

Zoolander  Inspired

 

This movie is hilarious! I love how they play with the image of the fashion industry. I'm a Ben Stiller fan, I like his sense of humour in his movies. If you've never seen this movie, shame on you. Go watch it. Now. lol The worlds greatest topmodel ever, Derek Zoolander, inspired me with his silver suit, I had to try it for myself. Of course I'm no match for him so I'm not trying to compete here. I still need to work on my poses and facial expressions and since I haven't perfected my "Magnum" look yet I'll keep it a secret for now :)

"I'm sorry that good-looking people like us made you throw up and feel bad about yourself." 
Blazer - c/o Yoek||Skirt - Dorothy Perkins||Shirt - New Look|| Shoes - Zara
 
Superman Inspired 
 
When looking for movies to draw fashion inspiration from, I don't limit myself to the so called "fashionable movies". Inspiration is everywhere; on the streets, at your job, in your house and this one... From the sky! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's SUPER - Size My Fashion!!! 
This gorgeous cobalt dress, matched with a subtle hint of red and yellow really made a fashionable alternative for the Superman look. Added his always - no matter how hard the battle in fighting crime and villains got - perfect curl to finish the look :) And, let's be honest, I had the wind on my side! It gave me the so much needed, "my cape is blowing in the wind, umph"! What do you think?
"This looks like a job for Superplusgal."
Dress - Asos Curve (old)||Heels - Nelly.com||Clutch - Asos||Earrings - Swarovski
 
 
Out of Africa Inspired
This movie is a classic of course. Being even older than I am (1985) the costumes worn in the movie still inspire. It's part of the safari style, one of the trends for Spring.
This wonderful sleeveless trench gave me a safari feel and pairing it with this snake skin printed skirt just felt right. I kept the color palette monochromatic and light to catch the safari spirit. Unfortunately I couldn't find a fabulous hat to complete the look but oh well, this will have to do.
Oh and Meryl? How I love that woman. But then again, I think everyone does :) What a fine actress she is.
Sleeveless trench - H&M||Top - Asos Curve (old)||Skirt - c/o Zizzi||Shoes - &OtherStories||Bag - Louis Vuitton
 
 
 

Floral Black and White
 

As I'm shopping my closet, putting together outfits for my Black and White themed month, I get pleasantly surprised sometimes. This dress is a great example. I got it a while back on sale (it's even cheaper now!) and it's so comfy, yet stylish. The stretchy fabric and the simple, but great design, make this dress a winner in my book
 
*Personal note: Today is our daughter's 3rd birthday. She was so excited! Can't believe how time flies. I still remember sharing my pregnancy news on this blog! She really is a blessing to have, she is such a happy, beautiful, funny little girl and we're grateful to God for having her in our lives. 

Blazer - c/o Zizzi||Dress - Asos Curve||Shoes and necklace - H&M||Clutch - Monki
 

 

Army Glam: The Sequin Peplum
Who says a camouflage look can't be glam and tough at the same time?! Sequins are always a party-starter and this top gives your army pants an instant upgrade! I like how it turned out!
Sequin peplum top - Asos Curve (old)||Army jeans - Forever21||Heels - H&M
 
 
The "Pleather" Peplum
Ok, this peplum top is the greatest! So happy I found it online at Forever21! We're halfway through September already and I still have a couple more outfits to go.
Peplum top - Forever21||Skirt - Asos Curve||Shoes - New Look||Necklace & Earrings - New Look
 
 
 
The Minty Peplum

 

NEON, N-E-ONE?: The NEON Peplum
I must admit, neon was not really my thing - read "was"-. But when fellow blogger Nefferth from Mode Plus alerted me to this neon peplum top during a quick shopping trip I was in love! I felt like matching it with another bold color, hence the electric blue heels (they are freaking sky high, I was almost taller than my husband! Lol). For a more comfortable look I wore some matching neon/black flats, which I coincidentally found in a box in the attic. How lucky was I?! I forgot all about them!
Don't you think it's so rewarding at times to find old goodies in your closet that can be of perfect use again? :)
Top - Monki||Leggings - Asos||Heels - Nelly.com||Neon & black flats - H&M (old)
 
 
 
The Jeweled Peplum
Yessss!! The last couple of days have been great! Weather-wise I mean... I'm such a Summer person and I just can't say goodbye. The last couple of days have been superhot, so I need to charge myself up with the last rays of sun
 
Why that angry face though? LOL
Peplum top - New Look|| Jeans - New Look|| Shoes - Asos|| Bag - LV Speedy 35 (in Damier Azur)
P.S.: How GAWGEOUS are these shoes???! Love them!
 
 
 
 
The Weekend

 And we're back to the weekend! Oh Friday, how I've missed you.
Sometimes I sit and wonder why we're all so happy when the weekend makes his way in. Of course, no obligations, no getting up early in the morning for work. But then still, even the weekend is completely filled with activities and appointments (read obligations). That's why I'm taking this weekend off from everything. Yep. No glamour, just sweatpants, no make up, no contact lenses but glasses and frumpy hair. Complete relaxation.
Dress - Dorothy Perkins||Shoes - Asos (old)
 
 
 
The Jump-off: Checked Peplum
 

Top - Asos Curve||Leggings - Asos Curve||Shoes - Zara||Clutch - Monki

 
Striped Black and White

I never thought this day would come.. Me in a crop top!
Even though this top is oversized and not as "croppy" as most crop tops, this still is a major achievement for me. I've always loved seeing other bloggers like Naturally Fashionable or Gabifresh killing their outfits with them, but I guess I still had to find a perfect outfit for myself, in which I felt comfortable enough to try it too! So, what do you think?!

 
Crop Top & Skirt - Asos||Shoes - &OtherStories||Necklace - New Look
 
 
The P-U Peplum
 
 

Boyfriend shirt - Asos (similar here)||Skirt - Forever21||Shoes - Zara (old)||Hat - H&M||Necklace - New Look 
 
 
 
 
Pied-De-Poule
 
Blouse - Dorothy Perkins (old)||Boyfriend jeans - Asos Curve||Heels - Zara||Bag - H&M
 
 
 
 
Perfect Match
 

Yes, back again! How have you all been? It's been too long, I've missed this! Only two more days of work before I can sit and enjoy for three weeks, can't wait. Hope all of you are enjoying your (well deserved!) summer holiday too. To start off my " it's almost summer holiday " celebration, here is an outfit I wore last Sunday. I absolutely love this peplum skirt, it has been in my closet for a while but I didn't have a chance to wear it yet, I was looking for the perfect shoes to go with this. When I found these gorgeous shoes on the H&M website I just had to have them and immediately thought of this skirt as a perfect match. 


What do you think?

 






Top - H&M// Skirt - Asos Curve// Shoes - H&M