Ashley Falcon @ ashleyfalcon.com - OOTD

 
Today I spent the morning with the lovely folks at Good Day NY talking stripes, color, belts and prints. Too often women limit themselves when it comes to finding great clothes. I can’t tell you how often I hear: I don’t/ can’t wear X,Y,Z. Ladies some items are not made for anyone above a size 0 but most can be made to work for just about any size with some minor adjustments! I hope you enjoy my tips and tricks! You can check out the segment here!
Aphoto_1
Aphoto
Looks from Left to right:
Top: Calvin Klein Sleevles top (in-store) similar (here) , Skirt: Madison Plus Select , Earrings: Bauble Bar Juicy Bloom Drops , Glasses: Flutter Eyewear, Bracelet: Charming Charlie
Top: Jones NY Sleeveless Tank , Pants: Greater Than Brand @ Madison Plus Select
Aphoto[2]
Aphoto[4]
Aphoto[7]
 

GRAFFITI LIPS

Graffiti Lips - Ashley Falcon

 
 
 

It’s Electric

1neonpants_blazer_4 1neonpants_blazer_2 1neonpants_blazer_5 1neonpants_blazer_3 1neonpants_blazer_1
Blazer: Calvin Klein Plus Collarless One Button Jacket , Shirt: Leith (similar here) , Pants: Gap Skinny Mini Skimmer Pants (neon lemon yellow) , Shoes: Prabal Gurung for Target (no longer available) , Glasses: Asos Cat Eye Sunglasses , Bracelets: J Crew (old), Clutch: Talbots (similar here) , Lipstick: Nars Funny Face , Manicure: Gel , Pedicure: Essie Mezmerized
 
 

THE LBD

The LBD. It’s general knowledge every girl should have one (or 10). Every fashion magazine you’ve read, every fashion video you’ve watched, and every stylist, designer, and editor has implored you to own one. There’s nothing I can say about the LBD that hasn’t already been said. It’s classic; it’s timeless; it’s everyone. Its blank canvas serves to create the woman you want to be. One woman who knows this concept well is my dear friend Shauna Miller of Penny Chic.
PC 5
PC 4
PC 6
PC 2
PC 3
PC 1
Meet Shauna Miller, proof that dreams come true when you make them. A few years ago I sat at a Starbucks somewhere near Union Square and listened to Shauna tell a good friend and me this idea she had for a blog: “Dressing chic using only Wal-Mart clothes.” She is smart and fearless and I knew she’d have anything she set her mind to. Soon after her incredible pitch that had me (Miss Givenchy) clamoring for Wal-Mart, Shauna did what most of us do… She convinced herself it wasn’t possible; it was a mountain too high to climb. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve fallen into this very trap. Doubt or not I knew Shauna would get it done, and find her way she did.  I’m not sure what her turning point was (I’ll have to ask her over a cocktail), but she ran full force at her dream and has been impressing me and the rest of the world beyond belief ever since. PennyChic.com went from a concept at a coffee shop to a full-fledged blogging success story. Just when I thought I couldn’t be any prouder, Shauna did what most people don’t even dream of (mostly because dreaming that big scares people), and she landed her first design collection with big box megastore Wal-Mart. For her first collection Shauna tackled the must-have LBD. The result was an amazing 5 piece collection of dresses for every body type available from size 0 to 3X. I like to think Shauna made sure plus girls weren’t forgotten just for me! I’m wearing “the Peplum.” The fit on all the dresses is great and at $20 what more can a girl ask for. I am unbelievably proud to call Shauna a friend and beyond excited for you all to check out (and potentially wear) one girls’ dream made true.
You can find all of Miss Miller’s dresses on Walmart.com and should certainly add her blog to your must-reads!
The-Utility
Dress: Penny Chic by Shauna Miller Women’s Plus Size Peplum LBD , Jacket: Michael Kors (old), Glasses: Dior (similar here), Bag: Kate Spade (old), Shoes: Proenza Schouler (old)
 
                 
Orange and Navy Ashley Falcon
 
 

Technicolor Flora

Technicolor Thursday: The Neon trend is here to stay. I picked up this Reed Krakoff solar colored bag last season, and I can’t wait to wear it all spring and summer! Make sure to pick up a bright accessory, and it will liven up even your most simple ensemble.
LOOK5_5
LOOK5_8
LOOK5_6
LOOK5_4
LOOK5_3
Blazer: H&M+ (similar here), Top: American Rag, Pants: ASOS (old) (similar here), Shoes: Christian Louboutin (similar here), Purse: Reed Krakoff, Necklace: JCREW (old) (similar here), Bracelet: C Wonder, Ring: Henri Bendel (old)
 
 

LANE BRYANT ON 34TH ST

Last week Lane Bryant made its return to Manhattan. I was on hand, along with Marcy Guevara & Alissa Wilson, to style two looks for their flagship opening! The new store is absolutely beautiful and complete with a second level filled with their amazing lingerie brand Cacique (one of my personal favorites). In attendance were ANTM’s Jay Manuel and Carnie Wilson of Wilson Phillips, as well as supermodels Marquita Pring and Candice Huffine. Spending time with Marcy and Alissa was great as was meeting so many amazing readers and fellow bloggers. Lane Bryant just recently launched the Lane Collection, a elevated sector of their brand including luxe fabrics and a chic design aesthetic. One of my favorite pieces is the Lane Collection Leather Blazer.
Lane Bryant on 34th ST
A bright red mani and a routine selfie before the event. I’m wearing Lane Bryant’s Ombre animal utility blouse (on sale) and their Genius Fit zipped ankle jean. I love the Equipment type look of the shirt and the skinnies are very comfortable and flattering.
Lane Bryant on 34th ST
My mannequin has a very chic Hamptons vibe, wouldn’t you say? I love the Genius Fit zipped ankle jean in sunny lime, paired with the Lane Collection scarf print utility blouse and the Lane Collection open knit pullover sweater.A little leopard goes a long way! This is LB’s Plunge bra, my personal favorite.
Lane Bryant on 34th ST
Just striking a pose on the carpet with Marcy and Alissa. Super models Marquita Pring and Candice Huffine.
Lane Bryant on 34th ST
Posing with my mannequin. Don’t we look great together? The beautiful flowers that were scattered all over the store. I was tempted to take some home!
Lane Bryant on 34th ST
Model facing in the photo booth with two of my favorites! The upstairs Cacique lounge.
 
 

SPRING DREAMING

LOOK3_3

Not even a month in and I’ve already broken a cardinal rule of blogging: no post on a scheduled post day. Can you forgive me? To be fair, I’m in Miami in full Falcon family mode. Honestly, when I come home I feel like a royal: familial dinners, scheduled visits, and the occasional all nighter with a friend! I will admit being in Miami has ignited my desire for some spring weather. Be prepared because I’m about to break another blogging rule (I really should attend a meeting or something). I shot this post a while ago, but I LOVE this look so up it goes! A little taste of spring that was shot in the fall being posted in the dead of winter— classic!
LOOK3_8
LOOK3_6
LOOK3_2
RLOOK3_1
Top: ASOS (old), Skirt: Gap (old), Necklace: JCREW Bubble Necklace, Bracelets: Hermes, Forever 21, C Wonder, Kenneth Lane, Watch: Michael Kors, Clutch: C Wonder, Shoes: Barneys (old)
 

IN THE NAVY

Happy President’s Day everyone! I hope you’re all having a great day off… I’ll be in the studio pinning and tucking but lucky for me, I love my job!
JEANS_3
JEANS_2
JEANS_1
JEANS_5
This is my good side!
 
 

POP OF COLOR

YELLOW_2
You know that moment you’re told that you landed the big one, that really important meeting you’ve been hoping for. Instantly a wave of emotions floods your system— excitement, nervousness, then sheer panic when the most important question of all surfaces: “What do I wear?” I found myself in this situation a week ago… and this outfit was my answer to that seemingly terrifying question.  Considering the meeting went well and I received compliments on my look, I’m running with the idea that this one was a winner!
YELLOW_1
The Jacket: Some of you may remember a version of this one floating around Zara stores last season. Though I tried every which way, there was no squeezing myself into that little zippered delight! Enter ELOQUII: This season they produced a bright yellow version of said blazer and it is perfection. Wear it with jeans and a t-shirt, over a dress, or an all black ensemble— you can’t go wrong!
YELLOW_5
YELLOW_3
The Jewels: This Vita Fede bracelet is my new current obsession! Rose gold, spikes and a little crystal and I’m certainly on board. The ring is from Bendels and while I usually have a hard time with my chubby fingers, their size 8’s are pretty generous. The necklace is an “oldie but goodie.” I picked it up at the Piperlime store a few months ago and I’ve worn it non-stop.
YELLOW_8
The SHOES: OH, THE SHOES (sigh). You know when you see a guy and you can’t breath, can’t think… well magnify that times 10 and you might not even come close to how I felt when I laid eyes on these beauties! To say I’m obsessed is an understatement. They are Alaia perfection and not to brag or anything, but I got them for basically 15% of the original price. I may not be able to find a date in this city but my shoe finding skills are top notch!
YELLOW_7
                                            Remember ladies: “Boys come and go but shoes are forever!” Happy Valentines Day!
Blazer: Eloquii Exposed Zip Jacket, Black Top: Ann Taylor (old), Black Pants: DKNYC (old) (similar here), Necklace: Piperlime (old) (similar here), Ring: Henri Bendel (old), Bracelet: Vita Fede Mini Titan Crystal Bracelet, Clutch: BCBG Envelope Clutch, Shoes: Alaia
 

In The Trenches

LOOK1_8
Be still my heart: A trench with leather sleeves in MY size!  Every wardrobe needs a statement coat and this Burberry-esque take on the classic has satisfied that ten times over. It’s such a conversation piece and compliments abound every time I wear it!
For this look, I opted out of my all black NY-er fashion uniform and went for a serious dose of neon. I always love accessories with a little edge, hence the studs and spikes. To finish off the ensemble, I threw on a pair of kick-ass booties.
LOOK1_4
LOOK1_2
RLOOK1_9
LOOK1_1
LOOK1_6
LOOK1_3
 
Trench: c/o Eloquii (similar here), Dress: Ann Taylor (old), Booties: Sartore, Bracelets: Pyramid Stud, Cara Accessories(old), ALC, Earrings: F21 (similar here), Purse: Chanel
 
 
 

Hello, hello!

Welcome to my blog, my life, and my teeny NYC apartment. For those of you that have followed me for quite some time now, you know this blog has been a long time coming. Thank you so much for your constant support, emails, and tweets! For those of you who are new to all things Falcon, take off your heels, have a look around, and don’t steal my shoes.
My Apartment
My obsession with fashion can be traced back to my childhood where I spent countless hours delving into my mother’s drawer of gaudy 80′s jewelry, which included these plastic geometric shaped earrings that I was convinced were the perfect addition to every outfit. Forcing my cousins to participate in makeshift fashion shows at age 8 was just the beginning.
My Apartment
It’s been quite the adventure from the girl in Miami dreaming of all things fashion in the Big Apple, to the girl who lives in NYC and gets paid to do something she’d gladly do for free. My love affair with fashion is certainly the longest and most fulfilling relationship I’ve ever had, but like all epic romances, there have been those who insist we don’t belong together. I am after all, not your prototypical fashion girl. If “6 is the new 14”(yes, that’s a Devil Wears Prada reference), let’s just say I’m the new 28.
My Apartment
I’ve never been thin, a combination of my Hispanic roots and my weakness for junk food, but I have never let my size keep me from being an active participant in fashion.  I interned my way through the industry and at age 20, I pitched and landed my first fashion column in Marie Claire, titled “Big Girl in a Skinny World.” At the time, it was the very first and only recurring plus column in a mainstream magazine.
My Apartment
Plus size fashion has come a long way in only three short years as many girls whose style I admire, such as Gabi Gregg and Nicolette Mason, have turned blogs into recurring plus fashion columns.
My Apartment
If eyes are the windows to the soul, then eyebrows…are the lux silk drapes that lure you into gazing in the window.
Please embrace my eyebrow obsession!

As I told a good friend recently, we are moving forward one page at a time. While I’m obviously elated with this progress and my column in People Style Watch every month (be sure to pick it up), one page just isn’t enough. If you are feeling fashion starved as well (pun intended), let’s rendezvous every Monday and Thursday. I’ll be here with outfit ideas, amazing fashion options, & anything else YOU want to hear about! Get in touch via Facebook, my Twitter account or through Instagram. Talk soon!
XO,
ASH
My Apartment
I’ve been told it’s a problem when your shoes spill out of your closet and onto your walls. 
A problem to which my solution is: more shelves!


My Apartment


My Apartment
                                                                             
 

Bonjour!

LOOK6_3
Bonjour! So glad you’ve found your way onto my little fashion nook on the web. In October of last year I took my first (of what I know will be many) trip to Paris. The City of Lights did not disappoint—the only difficult part was leaving. Needless to say I’ve been craving a bit more Paris in my life, so I thought this outfit would be the perfect solution: Sequins, Alaia’s and Bonjour scribbled across my chest. How très chic of me!
LOOK6_7
LOOK6_5
LOOK6_1