Monique @ curvesandchaos.com - OOTD

An Adventure in Prints


Let’s be honest here. I love wearing all black outfits. I do love other colors, but not as much. And since we’re being honest, I only wear bold prints every once in a while. I try to be adventurous, but sometimes I just love simple outfits. But, when Igigi reached out and asked if I’d like to try a dress from their latest collection, I stepped out of my comfort zone on purpose. Say hello to the Igigi Evelyn dress.
igigi-evelyn-dress-4


The minute I saw this dress, I immediately fell in love with the colors. Then the abstract houndstooth print really caught my attention. The dress is just screaming a 70’s vibe to me. I wasn’t sure how to feel about the lace panels on the shoulders at first, but I’m loving them now. I appreciate Igigi’s use of fun prints!
Just a little info on the sizing. I’m normally a size 16 or 18 depending on the material, but opted for the size 14/16. The material of the dress is really stretchy, but as you can tell the sleeves rode up on me just a bit. But, that’s OK, because I like this length.
I can see this dress styled more casual with boots or flats, even without the opaque tights. Wear it to work with a blazer or a night out. There are a lot of options. However you wear the Igigi Evelyn dress, have fun with it!
What I’m wearing: Igigi Evelyn Plus Size Dress in Bordeaux Estate, Sam Edelman Zola Suede Pump, and  various accessories.
igigi-evelyn-dress-2

igigi-evelyn-dress-7

igigi-evelyn-dress-5

 
igigi-evelyn-dress-1

 

I Took the Dove Silky Hair Dare


 
Maybe you should only read this post if you really want silky soft hair—just saying. Personally, I’m a big fan. I’m that one person who’s always touching and running their fingers through their hair. And I love testing out different products to see what will and won’t work. So, when Dove contacted me and asked me if I wanted to take their Silky Hair Dare and try out the new Dove Pure Care Dry Oil collection—I was immediately interested.
Dove-Pure-Care-Dry-Oil-7

Dove’s new Pure Care Dry Oil collection is designed to provide your hair with nourishment and silkiness without weighing your hair down. And it’s made for all hair types, which I appreciate.
For the past two weeks, I’ve been using the shampoo and conditioner infused with African Macadamia Oil and Coconut Oil. Which leaves your hair smelling great by the way. After the wash, I applied a few pumps of Nourishment Treatment Oil to my damp hair and blow dried.
Unless you have really dry hair, I recommend not applying more than two pumps. It’s made to absorb quickly, but it’s very potent.  After styling, my hair felt super silky soft with added shine. Just take a look at my pics below.
As you can see, I’m really excited I’ve taken Dove’s Silky Hair Dare! Are you ready to take it yet? On the fence about it? How about you join us for the bilingual Twitter party! I’m super excited to be a co-host, so please join us!! And not only are there party prizes, but there are pre-party prizes!!
Get the #MujerDove Twitter Party details below:
  • Date: Tuesday, October 7th, 2014 , 5pm PST / 8pm EST
  • Where: On Twitter with the hashtag #MujerDove. You can use this link for easy access starting now: http://twubs.com/MujerDove
  • RSVP NOW to be eligible for the pre-party prizes! http://bit.ly/MujerDoveTP
Dove-Pure-Care-Dry-Oil-1

Dove-Pure-Care-Dry-Oil-3

Dove-Pure-Care-Dry-Oil-2

Love is in the Air

A few months ago, when I attended the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund Super Saturday event, I was really happy to see that Rachel Pally was there supporting the cause. I was even more excited when I saw that she was selling pieces from her White Label Collection—Rachel Pally plus size line. I was immediately drawn to this dress. I thought, “this would be perfect for an outdoor wedding.” And I was right, this dress was perfect for my sister-in-laws beach-themed wedding. 
I’m such a sucker for love…seriously…I am. And this day was definitely one where love was in the air. My sister-in-law and her new husband have been together for 10 years and have a beautiful child together (who is also my godson). They are such an amazing little family. I truly love them and was so proud to be invited as they joined in marriage on this special day.
What I’m wearing: Rachel Pally White Label Nathan Drop Waist Dress in Foam (similar styles here), Torrid jewelry (old), gold Express belt (old), and Steven Mariia Wedge Sandals.
As most of you know, I’m a huge fan of Rachel Pally. Her dresses are so comfortable and versatile, it’s not even funny. They can be dressed up or dressed down for almost any occasion. When you decide to check her out, because you will, you should know that her long dresses have some length to them. I’m 5’6 and I’m wearing a wedge with a 3.5 inch heel. I kept my hair, makeup, and jewelry simple. I wanted a relaxed beach look. What do you think?
curves-and-chaos-rachel-pally-2
curves-and-chaos-rachel-pally-6
curves-and-chaos-rachel-pally
curves-and-chaos-rachel-pally-7
curves-and-chaos-rachel-pally-4